Video for Yoga Teachers
The strategies and tech skills needed to grow your yoga business on video
Learn how to use the power of VIDEO and YouTube to grow your yoga business.
YouTube for Yoga Teachers is a course for new yoga teacher entrepreneurs who want to gain confidence and start teaching yoga on video right now.
When I became a yoga teacher in 2013, I had no idea what I was doing. I was a brand new teacher, but I was excited to learn.
In time, I realized that teaching 15+ group yoga classes per week was not sustainable. It wasn't actually building the life I had envisioned as a yoga teacher. I manage for while, but it really wasn't the best long-term plan.
There had to be an easier way!
Then I became a mom. 🤯
Having my son really forced me to "up-level" in the online world. I had a choice to make – I either had to make yoga teaching online work, or find another job.
Since I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else, I committed fully to building an online yoga business.
I learned as much as I could about teaching on video, starting an online business, course creation and marketing, so that I could spend more time with my son. I invested in books, courses, coaching and great mentors to guide the way.
And it worked!
I now own and manage a yoga studio (I'll save this story for later), lead teacher trainings and develop online courses for yogis and yoga teachers to further develop their skills to teach and make a business online.
It all started with the decision to show up on VIDEO.
Get started now!
Does this sound like you?
- Teaching on video sounds overwhelming and terrifying.
- Showing up on ALL social media platforms does not sound fun.
- Your yoga training didn’t discuss anything about online teaching skills.
- You see everyone else teaching online and the market seems over saturated.
- You have no idea how you're going to stand out as a new yoga teacher.
Imagine yourself instead:
- Teaching live-stream virtual yoga with complete confidence.
- Having an automated scheduling & booking system, so you don't have to worry about taking payments.
- Building your YouTube channel to help generate clients (and money) even when you're not working.
- Not having to be on your phone or computer 24/7.
- The ability to troubleshoot and understand all the necessary tech details.
- Students leaving raving reviews about your classes, even from across the world.
- Having online yoga teacher mentors to help answer any of your tech questions.
YouTube for Yoga Teachers is ideal for three types of people:
1. Experienced Yoga Teachers who need help transitioning from in-person studio classes to the world of online yoga teaching, and create additional or supplemental income.
2. New Yoga Teachers who are serious about starting a profitable online yoga teaching business, and don’t have a lot of time to waste.
3. Yoga Teacher Trainees who are working towards their YTT certification and need extra training to get out and actually teach their first class.
So, whether you’re and experienced yoga teacher or a teacher in the making, you’ll be right at home in this course.
Vinyasa on Video is a 3-part online course to help yoga teachers get started teaching on video AND start building your email list.
1. Live-Streaming your classes
- Zoom for yoga teachers
- Schedule & booking software set-up
- Membership & subscription options
- Private Facebook group set-up
2. YouTube for Yoga Teachers
- Setting up a YouTube channel
- Content brainstorming & research
- Scripting template for recorded video
- Video editing tips
- Tags, Descriptions and Thumbnails
- Promoting your youtube videos
- Leveraging affiliate marketing
3. Building your email list
- Outline Your Lead Magnet
- Create a simple PDF lead magnet
- Set-up your opt-in page
- Promoting your email opt-in
What you get when you join:
- Lifetime access to our pre-recorded course (see outline below)
- Access to all future updates to the course content
- Private FB group for members only
- Frequent live coaching calls in our private group
- On-going support in the group
Ashley Hagen (E-RYT), started practicing yoga in 2010 to help improve her performance as a college athlete. In 2013, after experiencing the benefits of a daily yoga practice, she received her 200-hr yoga teacher certification and began teaching vinyasa yoga, the most accessible style of power yoga. She is inspired by all movement styles including martial arts, calisthenics, running, weight lifting and dance. Her classes and workshops are fun, yet challenging with focus on finding the yogi warrior within. She currently owns and manages Ashes Yoga Studio in Poulsbo, WA, and also leads 200 hour yoga teacher trainings.
StartLesson 1 | Why Live-Stream Yoga on Zoom? (2:59)
StartLesson 2 | Scheduling & Booking Software Set Up (35:32)
StartLesson 3 | Zoom for Yoga Teaching Tutorial (33:20)
StartLesson 4 | Playing Music on Zoom (2:26)
StartLesson 5 | Membership or Subscription Model (63:38)
StartLesson 6 | Sharing Zoom to FB Live or YouTube Live
StartLesson 1 | Why Yoga Teachers should be on YouTube (5:55)
StartLesson 2 | Setting up a YouTube Channel (49:49)
StartLesson 3 | Content Brainstorming
StartLesson 4 | Video Scripting
StartLesson 5 | Record & Edit
StartLesson 6 | Compressing Video Files
StartLesson 7 | Additional iMovie Tutorials (32:11)
StartLesson 8 | Creating a Thumbnail, Description & Tags
StartLesson 9 | Title your Video for Search Optimization
StartLesson 10 | Checking the Analytics
StartLesson 11 | The Content Tree: Creating Binge-Worthy Videos
StartLesson 12 | Leveraging Affiliate Marketing (35:28)
Frequently Asked Questions
Youtube for Yoga Teachers
Unlock the power of online video to grow your yoga teaching business